Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

I cannot think of a time where i have received exceptional customer service. However, I can recall numerous times where customer service has been terrible. Customer service can have a large and immediate impact on a business. In this one case I think it did. A friend and I went to a restaurant called Qdoba for lunch. The store had always seems empty and business seemed slow. The food there was great, but the employees were unpleasant and did not care much about customer service. When I payed for my food I used my debit card. I could tell the cashier was new at his job because he seemed nervous and didn't know how to work the computer very well. When he finally rang up my order and swiped my card, he seemed to have trouble. My card did not go through the first time. Without explaining to me what was going on he rang up the order one more time and swiped my card a second time. He gave me a receipt with the correct total printed on it so I didn't question the double swiping of my debit card. Later on when I got home I checked my bank statement online and notice there were two identical charges made at Qdoba. When I called the restaurant to tell them of their mistake, they asked if I had my receipt. I told them that I threw away the receipt with my lunch but I was there less than an hour ago and they should recognize me with how slow their business is. I told them who was working at the register and what he did. They offered to give me a gift card with the total in which they charged me extra. I told them that I did not want a gift card because I didn't plan on eating there anymore. They still refused to refund my money without a receipt and in the end, they got away with stealing an extra $9 from me.

Needless to say I decided to never go to that restaurant again. When I drove past the place a couple months later I saw that they were closed and out of business. I was not surprised. My experience with this restaurant resulted in me not wanting to revisit. I figured that was the case with all of their customers. They simply went of business because of poor customer service

No comments:

Post a Comment