"A marketing strategy consists of specific strategies for target markets, positioning, the marketing mix, and marketing expenditure levels. It outlines how the company intends to create value for target customers in order to capture value in return." (Marketing: An Introduction pg. 57).
I honestly believe this product's main premise is good enough to sell itself. But a good product doesn't become popular overnight. This product will require a lot of advertisement to get the word out and reach the bulk of American consumers. Once this happens, I think the thought will stick and Americans will continue buying for long periods of time. So our main marketing strategy will just be to get over that first big hurdle.
"A brilliant marketing strategy counts for little if the company fails to implement it properly. Marketing implementation is the process that turns marketing plans into marketing actions in order to accomplish strategic marketing objectives." (Marketing: An Introduction pg. 57). In order to implement this strategy properly we will need good television commercials. As stated in the SWOT analysis, our biggest weakness will be making this drink popular to nightlife and the bar scene. Our commercials will be a lot like other drink commercials where they show people at the bars ordering our vodka by name.
For example: "Can I get a Fizz and Cranberry?"
I think this method is very catchy and will be very effective in making our drink popular in bars.
"The market consists of many types of customers, products, and needs. The marketer has to determine which segments offer the best opportunities." (Marketing: An Introduction pg. 23) One segment that I know we can easily grab a hold of is the college and party scene. This vodka is perfect for parties and I'm sure it will spread quickly through word of mouth from party to party. "Most companies enter a new market by serving a single segment, and if this proves successful, they add more segments." (Marketing: An Introduction pg. 27) Coupled with a good starting ad campaign and also serving to this single segment of party goers we will see our product spread very quickly through word of mouth and become very popular.
No comments:
Post a Comment